Wednesday 17 February 2010

Another follow on bit

Add to the last bit:

Using Kolb it becomes evident that my experiences of ‘selling my wares’ to virtually everyone that I could gain access to (including everyone from estate agents, to educators, to doctors to plumbers to car manufacturers, to television stations to shopping malls) were not positive and through a process this time of thinking rather than feeling it allowed me to form a generalisation that the experience was based upon my being ahead of my time in some respects and not understanding the relatively conservative nature of society and the non deterministic processes by which new technology or ideas are absorbed and adopted. Through reflective observation it became possible for me to ascertain that to get to the stage of active experimentation I needed to allow some of the newer technology that multimedia involved to become more widespread. Equally, in order to exploit the future I would need to remain relevant and up to date in terms of skills and needed access to the appropriate technology and the means to continue learning. Hence the logical choice was to ‘go back to college’ but as a staff member this time and not a student since my previous generalisations about my experiences there applied to student status. Furthermore as one of Goffman’s renegades it afforded me a mechanism for feeding my ego and satisfying the need to be different and special – I would be the one member of staff who was really authorised to perform the role and I would be true to my ideals and not any given agenda or group of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.